The Driving Companion
How to use your Log Book
The Driving Companion booklet contains the log book to record your compulsory driving hours and you'll get a copy with your learner's permit.
The Driving Companion includes:
- Driving. Controlling your car and responding to what's happening around you. Plus checking your vehicle, observing, planning and defensive driving strategies.
- Log book. To record your compulsory driving hours each time you drive.
- Vehicle-On-Road Test (VORT) and Competency Based Training (CBT). Two ways to qualify for your P1 Provisional Licence. Pass a practical driving test (VORT) or gradually complete Competency Based Training (CBT). The Driving Companion contains the competency standards for both options.
Using the log book
Every time you drive, record the details on the green forms in The Driving Companion. There are 10 forms to record your day driving...and 2 forms for night driving.
If you have evidence you've held an interstate learner's permit your Qualified Supervising Driver may include that previous driving experience in your log book.
Make sure your log book's completed accurately and honestly. Penalties apply for fraudulent information.
If you lose it, grab another from a Service SA customer service centre for $5.
Want your previous experience recorded in your replacement log book? Your qualified supervising driver will have to re-enter it and sign it.
- View The Driving Companion online.
- Print extra Daytime log book pages.
- Print extra Night-time log book pages.
Each time you drive a car, you must record the details on the forms that follow. The log book must be completed accurately and honestly. Penalties apply for fraudulent information.
- There are 10 forms allocated to record your daytime driving experience.
- There are 2 forms allocated to record your night-time driving experience.
- Complete the forms as shown in the sample provided.
If additional forms are required you may photocopy a blank form or download a blank form from www.mylicence.sa.gov.au
Tags#learners, #licence, #stages, #beginner